Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Since chicken breast seems to be getting more and more expensive I was looking for recipes for drumsticks. This one looked good, but I haven't tried it yet! This needs to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- 12 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place chicken drumsticks in ungreased shallow glass dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Line broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken on rack in broiler pan.
- Brush chicken with remaining sauce.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until done.
Very good basic recipe. I baked the chicken the first time as stated and they were very good. The second time, I added 1/2 cup of apricot preserve and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and baked as directed. Both ways are delicious and easy
It was delicious! I marinated it for about 24 hours, let it bake in the oven got tired of waiting because it smelled so good and decided to broil it instead! The sauce was delicious! Everything was great. I did sub the ginger and garlic for real ginger and garlic instead of the powder. And for the chili sauce I subbed red hot peppers :D
Very easy and tasty, the family enjoyed this recipe. Used 1T ketchup with a shot of sriracha cause I had no chili sauce, and only 10 drumsticks. Thanks for sharing the recipe!