Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this dish because it is so easy. I serve this with rice so I can spoon the sauce over.
- 4 tablespoons onion soup mix (1 envelope from a 2 oz box)
- 2⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the onion soup mix, apricot preserves, and water; set aside. Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish sprayed with oil.
- Pour the onion soup mixture over all.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Turn chicken once during cooking and baste.
- with sauce.
Not too often do I find a recipe that my entire family enjoys! I have a 6 year old and a 5 year old and they both loved it! I used boneless porkchops instead of chicken and added some waterchestnuts! Amazing recipe! Thanks for posting it!!
I made this for my husband and I but we had a difference of opinion. He loved it, especially the sauce over rice. I on the other had didn't like it. I thought it sounded good but after I tasted it I thought the onion soup overpowered the sauce.