Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from one of the package of my grochery stuffs. As usual, i like to try something new in cooking for my husband. And yes, by following my intuition, he likes it a lot. you can also subtitude the raisin with brocoly and also you can cook it without the rice. Deepen on your desire. but i suggest you, to try this first. I hope you'll like it. Good luck and have a nice cooking.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, and cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup sun maid raisins
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- Heat oil in dutch oven or large deep skilled (with lid) over her heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Reduce head to medium.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir until chicken is glazed and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan to serving bowl and set aside.
- Pour chicken broth and 2-¼ cups water into skillet.
- Add rice, cinamon, cardamom, and coriander.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, raisins, green onion and parsley.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and make 8 cups.
This had a very good taste to it. I like Cardamom and enjoyed this very much.