I doubled this recipe and it filled an 8x8 2-quart casserole dish. This had visual appeal, making it a good take-along dish. Serve this dish with roasted turkey, chicken, or pork. It has "zing", so gauge your children's taste buds. This recipe won my "appliance cook-off" between the pressure cooker and the crockpot. From Toula Patsalis, "The Pressure Cooker Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour orange juice into a pressure cooker.
- 2Stir in carrots, preserves, raisins, brown sugar, and nutmeg. Secure lid.
- 3Over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, develop steam to MEDIUM PRESSURE.
- 4Reduce heat to maintain LOW PRESSURE and cook 3 minutes. Quickly release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid.
- 5Gently stir carrots. Sprinkle cornstarch into 1/2 cup of cooking liquid and stir to mix thoroughly. Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- 6Stir in pecans.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Carrots With Pecan, Apricot, & Raisin Sauce - P.c.
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g