Recipe by KateL
I doubled this recipe and it filled an 8x8 2-quart casserole dish. This had visual appeal, making it a good take-along dish. Serve this dish with roasted turkey, chicken, or pork. It has "zing", so gauge your children's taste buds. This recipe won my "appliance cook-off" between the pressure cooker and the crockpot. From Toula Patsalis, "The Pressure Cooker Cookbook".
Top Review by Sydney Mike
VERY, VERY NICE CARROT SIDE! I really liked the combo of orange, apricot & raisins in this dish (oh, yes, including the toasted nuts!), & the easy of preparation! A great, great way to present the carrot! Thanks for the keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my vegetarian teammates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap II]
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 lb carrot, julienned in 3-inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour orange juice into a pressure cooker.
- Stir in carrots, preserves, raisins, brown sugar, and nutmeg. Secure lid.
- Over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, develop steam to MEDIUM PRESSURE.
- Reduce heat to maintain LOW PRESSURE and cook 3 minutes. Quickly release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid.
- Gently stir carrots. Sprinkle cornstarch into 1/2 cup of cooking liquid and stir to mix thoroughly. Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Stir in pecans.