Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A brightly colored side from the heartland. The carrots are also delicious alone. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Cook carrots until crisp tender; drain, cool and cut into strips or coins.
- Melt butter; add sugar and mint leaves.
- Cook carrots in this mixture until tender and glazed.
- Cook peas lightly; drain and season with butter, salt and pepper.
- Turn peas into hot serving dish and surround with glazed carrots.