Carin C.'s Note:
I am going to try this dish for a Christmas potluck. It's from the Cook's Illustrated February 2005 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring cranberries, carrots, salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, chicken broth, orange zest, and orange juice to boil, covered, in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until carrots are almost tender when poked with tip of paring knife, about 5 minutes.
- 2Uncover, increase heat to high, and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Add the butter and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar to the skillet.
- 4Toss the carrots to coat and cook, stirring frequently, until the carrots are completely tender and the glaze is light gold, about 3 minutes.
- 5Transfer the carrots to a serving dish, scraping the glaze from the pan into the dish.
- 6Season to taste with pepper and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Carrots With Orange and Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 399.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g