Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has been enjoyed by my family and now it's time to share it. It goes very nicely with turkey or ham and it doubles well if you need more. Happy Hoildays everyone!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 carrots, cut in 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal
- 2 medium onions, quartered and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup currant jelly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add carrots, onions, and ginger, cover and cook, stirring, for about 7 to 10 minutes, until just tender.
- Stir in the orange juice, jelly, and salt.
- Cook, uncovered, for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender and nicely glazed with the jelly and orange juice mixture.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley just before serving.
This was a great way to eat carrots and made a very nice side dish. I used plum jelly and halved the recipe. Loved it! Thanks Annacia!