Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Wanting a quick carrot dish last night, I turned to one of my favourite books, "Linda McCartneys World Of Vegetarian Cooking". As usual she didn't let me down, this was an easy and deliciously tasty offering of carrots in a sweet glaze. The original recipe calls for honey or Maple syrup, I chose to use Maple Syrup, I had NO leftovers! I used the butter option.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into batons
- 50 g butter or 50 g margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons maple syrup, for vegans
- 1 pinch salt
- 300 ml water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Put the carrots into a medium pan with half the butter or margarine (25 gr), and half the honey or maple syrup(1 tbsp), and a pinch of salt, then add the water.
- Bring to the boil, uncovered, and cook rapidly until the water has all but evaporated, and the carrots are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter or margarine, and the rest of the honey or maple syrup, and cook until a thick syrup forms to coat the carrots, 3 - 4 minutes longer.
- Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
Great carrots! Easy to prepare and very flavorful. I used the butter and maple syrup options. Thanks for sharing! CQ2
This was an easy and delicious recipe! Loved the hint of maple! Made for CQ2015/LBOB
What a simple, but delicious dish and so pretty too. Made the carrots to accompany a pecan crusted chicken breast and a baked potato -- a really great meal. Made for the For Your Consideration tag game.