Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A side dish to accompany grilled meat, fish or a vegetarian dish.
Make and share this Glazed Carrots with Cider recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb young carrot
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider
- 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Trim the tops and bottoms of the carrots.
- Peel or scrape them and then cut them into julienne strips.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the carrots and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cider and stock, bring to the boil and stir in the Dijon mustard.
- Partly cover the pan and simmer for about 10-12 minutes until the carrots are just tender.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley and spoon into a warmed serving dish.
Very nice! The cider gives it a perfect touch of apple flavor to go with the light sweetness of the carrots, while the dijon gives the perfect hint of savoriness. I can see myself serving this often for dinner! Thanks for sharing. ~Sue