1/1 Photo of Glazed Carrots with Cider
Missy Wombat's Note:
A side dish to accompany grilled meat, fish or a vegetarian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the tops and bottoms of the carrots.
- 2Peel or scrape them and then cut them into julienne strips.
- 3Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the carrots and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Sprinkle over the sugar and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until the sugar has dissolved.
- 5Add the cider and stock, bring to the boil and stir in the Dijon mustard.
- 6Partly cover the pan and simmer for about 10-12 minutes until the carrots are just tender.
- 7Remove the lid and continue cooking until the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
- 8Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley and spoon into a warmed serving dish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Carrots with Cider
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 135.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: