Recipe by roseplummer
I found this recipe in Southern Living. I am posting it on here to have for Thanksgiving.
- 1 (1 lb) package baby carrots
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil carrots for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings in the pan, crumble and set aside.
- Saute onions in the pan with the drippings until clear.
- Stir in brown sugar, pepper, and carrots cook stirring often until heated through and glazed about five minutes.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle with bacon.
- Prep and cooking times are estimated.