Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
1 point per serving
- 4 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 carrots, sliced and steamed
- Melt margarine in saucepan. Add onion and cook, until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, honey, cinnamon, and salt, stirring constantly until heated through and mix well.
- Add carrots and toss to coat.
Always eager to try a new way to prepare vegetables that leaves my points budget intact, I was eager to try this recipe. While I liked all of the components in this recipe with carrots, I didn't think they all worked well together. Leaving out any one (either the lemon, onions, honey or cinnamon) would have given this dish a different but more pleasing result. For my own tastes I would leave out the lemon.