Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb fresh carrot, cleaned/skinned/cut into ovals
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cook with a little bit of water covering the carrots.
- Cook until tender.
- Add orange juice and mix.
- Add butter and brown sugar.
- Simmer/stir until butter and sugar melt. Carrots should have a "glazed" look to them.
Excellent recipe. I took out 4 tbsp of orange juice and added 4 tbsp brandy. Thie is a keeper Thanks Traci & Jeff UPDATE: Simple, quick and the glaze adds a bit of elegance to our friend the carrot. I served them with an asparagus casserole and plain rice with Shoarma beef stir fry.
This is a great recipe and very easy. It serves anywhere from 3 to 6 people, depending what other vegetable you may serve with them. Also depends on how many people really love carrots. Very east and tasty. Roberta
I think the next time - I will try it without the OJ. I had to add a little corn starch to thicken the glaze.