Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
A yummy glazed carrot dish done in the microwave. Add salt and pepper to taste, if you wish.
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots (, sliced about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- In a 3-cup casserole dish that's microwave-safe, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; whisk in orange juice.
- Add carrots and stir.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover dish with vented plastic wrap and microwave on High for 3 minutes.
- Partially remove plastic and stir carrots.
- Put plastic wrap back in place and microwave on High until carrots are crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes longer (depending on the power of your microwave).
- This recipe can be cut in half to serve one, but cooking time will be shorter.
Quick and easy to make. Loved the flavours. The cinnamon is a nice touch without being overpowering. I must admit to using orange and mango juice instead of just orange juice as it was all I had. It was really good though and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I cut my carrots into sticks. Great recipe, enjoyed by all.
These carrots are simply delicious! They were so very easy to make and added a special flair to our meal. I made them on top of the stove instead of in the microwave and made the sauce separately. What an incredibly scrumptious way to serve carrots! Thanks, Lennie for another keeper!
Oh these were such good carrots!!! I served them with pot roast and a salad. I made no changes, but wish that the sauce was thicker, so next time I may add more cornstarch. We will have these again soon! Thanks for sharing.