Recipe by Lennie
A yummy glazed carrot dish done in the microwave. Add salt and pepper to taste, if you wish.
Top Review by dale!
Quick and easy to make. Loved the flavours. The cinnamon is a nice touch without being overpowering. I must admit to using orange and mango juice instead of just orange juice as it was all I had. It was really good though and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I cut my carrots into sticks. Great recipe, enjoyed by all.
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots (, sliced about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-cup casserole dish that's microwave-safe, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; whisk in orange juice.
- Add carrots and stir.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover dish with vented plastic wrap and microwave on High for 3 minutes.
- Partially remove plastic and stir carrots.
- Put plastic wrap back in place and microwave on High until carrots are crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes longer (depending on the power of your microwave).
- This recipe can be cut in half to serve one, but cooking time will be shorter.