Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted for the ZWT-France. These carrots are named for the town of Vichy. From "LaVarenne's Basic French Cookery" cookbook.
- 1 lb baby carrots, peeled
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped (or chopped parsley)
- In a medium, shallow saucepan, add carrots, sugar, butter, salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 8 to 12 minutes, or until carrots are almost tender.
- Turn up heat to boil rapidly until all the liquid has evaporated to form a shiny glaze. Toward the end of cooking time, watch carefully so sugar does not caramelize. Taste for seasoning.
- Just before serving, add chopped mint or parsley; toss. Spoon into a serving dish.
So good and easy! I cooked them a little longer and used parsley since I didn't have any fresh mint. Thanks for sharing, Bayhill. Congrats on your football win!
I love glazed carrots. I followed recipe except I substituted brown sugar for the granulated sugar. Made for Football win.
These are easy and so good! Made as directed. Thanks, Bayhill! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #73.