1/9 Photos of Glazed Carrots (Carottes Vichy)
Posted for the ZWT-France. These carrots are named for the town of Vichy. From "LaVarenne's Basic French Cookery" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium, shallow saucepan, add carrots, sugar, butter, salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 8 to 12 minutes, or until carrots are almost tender.
- 3Turn up heat to boil rapidly until all the liquid has evaporated to form a shiny glaze. Toward the end of cooking time, watch carefully so sugar does not caramelize. Taste for seasoning.
- 4Just before serving, add chopped mint or parsley; toss. Spoon into a serving dish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Carrots (Carottes Vichy)
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 430.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g