Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love carrots and the grapes go great with this recipe.
- 1 lb fresh carrot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, I prefer light brown
- 1 orange, juice of, only
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 cup grapes
- Scrape carrots and cut into 1-inch slices.
- Boil in water with salt and white sugar about 25 minutes or until tender; drain off liquid.
- Melt butter in saucepan with brown sugar and orange juice. Add Grand Marnier.
- When mixture bubbles, add carrots and grapes.
- Do not over cook.
- Note: The grapes need to be seedless and they can be either red or green.
This was an easy and elegant way to add a different flavour to carrots which I really enjoyed. The buttery orange flavour of the sauce really worked with the carrots and grapes. I think next time I would make only half the sauce...a little went a long way for me. Thank you, Jacqueline, for a creative way to get my fruit and veggies!