Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- to taste carrot
- Cook the carrots until tender.
- Melt the butter and add the other ingredients.
- Heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved and glaze is hot. Add the drained carrots and turn them to coat. Cheers Doreen, Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.
Really tasty way of serving carrots, I have a similar recipe and make it often, always popular.
Very easy recipe, and I liked the idea of using orange juice/rind. Unfortunately, the glaze wasn't thick or gooey enough to stick a bit to the carrots, so they ended up tasting rather bland (for my taste as well as hubby's). Thanks for posting, though, as other folks seem to really like them.
yum! substituted lime for lemon & probably had a heavy hand on the ginger, but love the combo of flavors!