- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat brown sugar and butter until bubbly.
- Stir in lemon peel.
- Return carrots to pan; cook and stir over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until glazed.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.