Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really good low-fat way of preparing carrots. Much different from the usual sugary way of fixing glazed carrots. I tried it for the first time for friends and everyone really liked them.
- 8 large carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices (or use 1-lb. bag of baby carrots)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated, fresh orange rind
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Steam carrots for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Combine apple juice, orange rind, cornstarch and cloves in a saucepan.
- Mix until smooth, then cook and stir constantly until mixture has thickened and cleared.
- Add cooked carrots to the sauce.
- Serve hot.
Wonderful! I didn't have cloves, but it came out just fine without. Very tangy and sweet.
Fantastic and easy to make. The beauty is that there is no sugar
An easy way to prepare carrots. The apple juice and orange rind blended well to create an interesting flavor. It was really sweet, sweeter than I expected. Since the flavor is a bit intense, it would be best served as a standalone dish. Thanks for sharing your recipe.