Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another glazed carrot recipe... this one using ranch dressing mix.
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesfresh baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes ranch dressing mix
- Place carrots in a saucepan; add 1 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. In the same pan, combine butter, brown sugar and salad dressing mix until blended. Add carrots. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed.
I made these carrots to go along with a meatloaf for Sunday Dinner. Really delicious. I love the sweet and savory combination. I think this would be great with a baked ham too! Thank you for sharing! :)
This is a nice mix of savory and sweet. I tasted the sauce with only one packet of dip mix becasue adding 2 packets seemed like it might be too much. However, the sauce seemed way to sweet. The addition of the second packet produced just the right balance. Wonderful side for special holiday dinners.
everyone loved these!! i used 1 lb baby carrots, and 1/2 packet of hidden valley ranch dip mix. we have made these several times!