Recipe by Impera_Magna
No idea where I got this recipe... Let me just say that this is outstanding. When my kids were little, many many moons ago, they loved carrots this way and consumed plenty... My grandchildren love them too. A great way to get veggies in the little ones! (Recipe serves two... but I always triple it at least.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots, cooked (or 1 15oz can whole baby carrots, drained)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared spicy mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cooked carrots in 9" pie pan, set aside.
- In small saucepan over moderate heat, melt butter; add onion and cook until lightly browned, remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and mustard; blend and spoon over carrots.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or til lightly glazed.