Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe uses orange liqueur to saute the carrots along with brown sugar and allspice - sounds really good! The carrots are incorporated into long-grain and wild rice with a sprinkling of pecans on top. Sounds like a great dish for company or a holiday family dinner.
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 (6 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 6 medium carrots, cut into julienne strips (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- Combine water, 2 tablespoons butter, rice and contents of seasoning packets in a large saucepan, bring to a boil, cover tightly. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 mnutes.
- Melt remaining butter in a 10-inch skillet. Off heat, stir in liqueur and then add brown sugar, allspice and carrots. Cook, uncovered over medium heat, stirring frequently, until carrots are crisp-tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir carrots gently into hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with pecans.