Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home. I used about 40 baby carrots instead of cutting larger ones.
Make and share this Glazed Carrot Coins recipe from Food.com.
- 12 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until tender-crisp; drain.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat brown sugar and butter until bubbly; stir in lemon peel.
- Return carrots to pan; cook and stir over low heat for 15 minutes or until carrots are glazed.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
I wanted to try this because I add sugar to just about everything. In this case, the brown sugar was a hit - almost tasted like sweet potatoes. The miss was the vanilla. I used half of the vanilla required and it still came on strong.