A great, simple way to get people to eat carrots that normally wouldn't
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop carrots into uniform pieces, about 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Melt butter on high heat.
- 3Add carrots, stir to coat all the carrots with the butter. Stir often enough to keep the butter from scorching.
- 4As soon as the carrots start to change color( they'll get a little darker), add the sugar and stir until its dissolved.
- 5Add enough water to just barely cover the carrots.
- 6Reduce heat to simmer.
- 7Stir occasionally as the water reduces, until there is almost no syrup left in the pan, and it is all on the carrots.
- 8Transfer carrots to serving dish.
- 9Pour any remaining syrup over carrots.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed (Candied) Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 145.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g