- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Cut each half into 4 wedges; cut wedges into 2-inch pieces.
- Stir together squash, 1/2 cup apple cider, and next 5 ingredients in a 12-inch, deep-sided, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, gently stirring occasionally, 25 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes or until liquid thickens and squash is tender.
- Gently stir in pecans and sage until well combined.