- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, seed and slice the squash. Place in a pot with tight fitting cover and steam until squash is nearly tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange squash in one or two layers in greased shallow baking dish.
- Mix sugar, spices and salt, and sprinkle over the squash.
- Drizzle with melted butter. Bake until squash is tender and somewhat glazed, 15-20 minutes.
- For deeper glaze, broil a few minutes.