Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Better Homes & Gardens "Gatherings and Celebrations"
Make and share this Glazed Brussels Sprouts With Lemon and Pepper recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb small Brussels sprout, outer leaves and bases trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the sprouts in half through their base, keeping the leaves intact. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add 1 teaspoon of the salt. Boil the sprouts until tender but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the sprouts under cold water to stop the cooking and set their color.
- When ready to serve, heat the Brussels sprouts in medium pan with the butter, lemon juice, water, sugar, remaining salt, and the pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turning gently, until the sprouts are lightly glazed and heated through. Serve immediately.
I love my Brussels sprouts and I was very happy with this recipe. The ingredients are simple and add just enough flavor to compliment the sprouts without drowning them out. My sprouts were so tiny that I only needed to cut a few of the bigger ones in half. Thanx for a great new Brussels sprouts recipe!