Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
So good! I like Sprouts to start with but dressing them up make them even better! I think this recipe came from the newspaper a long time ago.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout (cleaned and outer leaves removed)
- 1⁄2 lb carrot (cleaned and sliced 1/8 inch thick)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chives (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond
- Cook sprouts in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Drain above.
- In a large skillet heat butter with brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Add sprouts and carrots and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are glazed.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Toss with chives and toasted almonds.
Yummy! I would not change a thing. Both DH and I were doing the happy dance with all the wonderful flavors in our sprout dish. I used baby carrots and just cut them in thirds. This has the wonderful sweet and savory flavors that we all crave. Great dish and it will be made often. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
I steamed the brussels sprouts and the carrots. I wanted to use almonds but couldn't find them. But the veggies were yummy in the glaze. I loved the sweeness combined with the lemon juice. Thanks Gayla :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
This was a very tasty recipe ...Made as directed .. I will make again soon...Thanks Gayla