Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 (6 lb) butt end half smoked ham, fully cooked
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup water
- whole cloves, to decorate
- Remove the heavy rind from the ham leaving about 1/2 inch of white fat.
- Score the fat diagonally into diamonds.
- Insert a whole clove in each diamond.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine, sugar, molasses, mustard, allspice, cinnamon & vinegar.
- Using a brush coat the ham well& evenly with the glaze.
- Sprinkle the ham with the bread crumbs so all is covered evenly.
- Use an open roaster lined with foil, and place the ham in it.
- Carefully pour the apple juice around the ham.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours or until heated through and golden.
- Remove from oven and rest for 20 minutes before slicing.