Recipe by Bergy
This is one baby that your guests will rave about at your next brunch party. Set this out with Onion Quiche with French Fried Onions or any other quiche, Buttery Farm Biscuits and a salad or two--maybe Tom's Hash Browns Casserole --and all your guests will think they died and went to heaven.
- 1 (6 lb) butt end half smoked ham, fully cooked
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup water
- whole cloves, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the heavy rind from the ham leaving about 1/2 inch of white fat.
- Score the fat diagonally into diamonds.
- Insert a whole clove in each diamond.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine, sugar, molasses, mustard, allspice, cinnamon & vinegar.
- Using a brush coat the ham well& evenly with the glaze.
- Sprinkle the ham with the bread crumbs so all is covered evenly.
- Use an open roaster lined with foil, and place the ham in it.
- Carefully pour the apple juice around the ham.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours or until heated through and golden.
- Remove from oven and rest for 20 minutes before slicing.