Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Another winner for you chocoholics!
Top Review by Secret Teenage Chef
Waahh!! This recipe is so good and easy that I am going insane. I cut the recipe in half and baked it for 25 as opposed to 30 because I like fudgier brownies. Apparently, (to me) this brownie tastes better fully cooked. It's not too sweet and the glaze adds a nice treat (but since I don't like anything too sweet, I'll use less chocolate chips next time). Good job! It's the first brownie recipe that didn't call for baker's chocolate and it tastes like it costs much more than it really does. DELECTABLE!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan over high heat stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Add 2 cups chocolate morsels and vanilla, stirring until mixture is smooth. Let cook 15 minutes.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to cooled chocolate mixture, stirring until blended; stir in eggs and pecans until blended. Spread batter into a greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 325º for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 cups chocolate morsels evenly over warm brownies and let stand 5 minutes to soften. Spread over top.
- Cool on wire rack before cutting.