Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Dessert of the Day’
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and 4 oz of the chocolate over low heat, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the cocoa and stir until smooth; let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on medium speed until lightened.
- On low speed, stir in the sour cream, bourbon, 2 tsp of vanilla, and the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes.
- Unmold the cake onto the rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: in a saucepan, warm the cream over low heat.
- Add the remaining 4 oz chocolate and the corn syrup and whisk until the chocolate is melted and the glaze is smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature, then stir in the remaining 1 tsp vanilla.
- Place the wire rack with the cake over a sheet of parchment paper or foil and pour the glaze over the top of the cake, letting it run down the sides.
- Slide the cake onto a platter and serve.