Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup port wine or 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 (15 ounce) canssliced beets, drained
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and next 3 ingredients; cook until sugar melts.
- Stir in port; cook over medium-high heat until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add beets to skillet; toss to coat. Cook 5 minutes or until beets are thoroughly heated.