- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs, your favorites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef and pork lightly with eggs, salt, salad herbs, and pepper until well blended.
- Shape half into a 9-inch round in a large shallow baking pan; top with layers of cheese and onion slices, then remaining meat mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes; brush with barbecue sauce.
- Bake 15 minutes longer, or until richly glazed. Cut into wedges.