- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices bread, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine, milk, eggs, and bread; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese, carrot onion, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf in a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 1 1/4 hours, drain.
- Combine brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard; spread over meat loaf.
- Bake 15 minutes longer until meat is no longer pink and drain meat.