Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
just another dog treat, trying to get them all in same place..easier to find and make..
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups rolled oats, not instant
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Add bouillon and oil to boiling water, then add oats. Let mixture stand for a few minutes.
- then, in a large bowl, stir in the cornmeal, milk, cheese and egg. Slowly stir in the flours. Knead on a lightly floured surface until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Roll out to about 1/4" thick.and cut into bone shapes.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Spoon topping over biscuits. (I use a small paint brush, reserved just for this).
- Turn them over and repeat on other side.
- Bake at 325* for 45 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom.
- Turn off the oven and leave biscuits inside till cool.
- serving depends on size of bone cutter used.