From the Fine Cooking website - wonderful and simple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set a rack at the highest oven position and heat the oven to 400°F.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice and brown sugar and boil until reduced by half.
- 3Stir in the balsamic vinegar, dry mustard, and thyme.
- 4Pour into a small, shallow bowl; mix until smooth.
- 5Dredge each chicken piece in the glaze, coating completely.
- 6Put the pieces, skin side down, in a rimmed, shallow 10x15-inch sheet pan.
- 7Pour any leftover glaze over the chicken; sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- 8Roast on the top rack until the juices run barely clear when you prick the chicken, about 40 minute Remove the pan from the oven and set the broiler on high.
- 9Turn the chicken over and baste it with the pan drippings.
- 10If a lot of fat has rendered out, spoon some off before broiling to prevent flare-ups.
- 11Broil, basting the chicken and rotating the pan for even browning, until the chicken pieces are shiny and well browned, about 8 minutes.
- 12Drizzle the chicken with the pan drippings before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Balsamic-orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.6
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 154.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 38.3 g