Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the Fine Cooking website - wonderful and simple!
Make and share this Glazed Balsamic-orange Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Set a rack at the highest oven position and heat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice and brown sugar and boil until reduced by half.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar, dry mustard, and thyme.
- Pour into a small, shallow bowl; mix until smooth.
- Dredge each chicken piece in the glaze, coating completely.
- Put the pieces, skin side down, in a rimmed, shallow 10x15-inch sheet pan.
- Pour any leftover glaze over the chicken; sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast on the top rack until the juices run barely clear when you prick the chicken, about 40 minute Remove the pan from the oven and set the broiler on high.
- Turn the chicken over and baste it with the pan drippings.
- If a lot of fat has rendered out, spoon some off before broiling to prevent flare-ups.
- Broil, basting the chicken and rotating the pan for even browning, until the chicken pieces are shiny and well browned, about 8 minutes.
- Drizzle the chicken with the pan drippings before serving.
This was a very easy & extremely tasty chicken dish. I found the chicken to be very moist, & the glaze was just delicious. The only change I made was to use dried thyme (in a smaller amount) as I didn't have any fresh on hand. Thanks, MG!