Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this for the first time last night & my husband announce that we will be having it again! The chicken is moist, the glaze is a very mild sweet & sour and its simle to make! The recipe came from the Canadian Living booth at the Good Food Festival in Toronto.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine flour, salt& pepper in a shallow dish or plastic bag; add chicken& turn or shake to coat.
- Don't discard remaining flour when you remove the chicken.
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick skillet; fry the chicken until no longer pink inside, about 15- 20 minutes depending on their size.
- Remove to a plate& keep warm in the oven.
- Add remaining oil to pan; cook garlic& sage until just golden, about a minute.
- Sprinkle with remaining flour& cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Stir in stock, vinegar& honey; cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
- Return chicken& any accumulated juices to the skillet, turning to coat.
- Cook, turning occasionally, until chicken is glazed, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Very tasty. I used oat flour to keep this gluten free.
My Fiance and I loved this recipe so much. He found it on here and it was the best thing he ever did. These are so good, and that sauce is amazing. I would make these every night if I could!!! Thanks!
Very tasty--my husband and I both liked this. I did pound the chicken breasts flat before frying. Thanks, CountryLady!