Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fast to fix and sinfully good!
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- Heat oil on med-hi; add chicken, sprinkle with pepper.
- Cook until chicken is browned.
- Remove chicken; drain off fat.
- Add garlic to pan; saute 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato paste and chicken broth.
- Add vinegar and honey, boil for 4 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan; reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until chicken tests done.
- Put chicken and sauce on plate, sprinkle with green onion.
A fairly easy dish to prepare and the chicken had good flavor but not quite as good as the cooking aroma led me to think it was going to taste. I used skinless thighs and cut as much extra fat off as I could. About five minutes before the chicken was done, I tossed in some chopped zucchini and let it cook in the sauce with the chicken. The zucchini turned out really well.
Everyone enjoyed this. We like a little spice so I added some red pepper flakes. I also drizzled a little more honey over the top at the end of the cooking time because I thought it needed a little more sweet. Didn't have any green onions, but was good just the same.