Recipe by MarieRynr
Chicken at it's best, coated in a delicious sweet and tangy glaze with a hint of citron flavour.
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces, rinsed and dried
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven rack at it's highest position. Pre-heat oven to 400*F.
- In a small saucepan combine the orange juice and brown sugar. Boil until reduced by half, then stire in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then dredge in the glaze, coating completely.
- Put the chicken pieces, skin side down into a shallow rimmed 15 X 10 inch sheet pan. Pour any leftover glaze over the chicken. (I line the baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray first!).
- Roast on the top rack until the juices run barely clear when you prick with a fork.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set the broiler on high.
- Turn the chicken over and baste it with the pan juices. If alot of fat has rendered out, spoon some of it off before broiling.
- Broil, basting the chicken often and rotating the pieces for even browning, until shiny and well browned, about 8 minutes.
- Drizzle with pan drippings before serving.