1/2 Photos of Glazed Baby Carrots With Thyme
This is adapted from one of Canadian LIving's Best Recipes Ever. It is a lot faster to make than some of the slow cooked glazed carrot recipes. We had these for dinner one night with rice, peas and sweet & sour ribs. They would be great to serve dinner guests. They will think you spent ages working on the dish, when in reality you only need to stir them several times near the end of cooking. If you have children who will look at the carrots & say "What are those funny leaves in there? I AM NOT EATING THAT" just leave the thyme out. You could use dried thyme leaves or ground thyme if you want to, just reduce the amount to about 1/2 tsp ground, or 3/4 - 1 tsp dried leaves. I think this would be great with some lemon thyme in the summer. If you use fresh thyme, garnish your serving dish with a whole sprig of thyme. I hope you enjoy them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse carrots & combine everything but thyme in a stainless steel or nonstick frying pan.
- 2Bring to a boil, cover & reduce heat to medium.
- 3Cook about 10 minutes, water should be evaporated & carrots tender.
- 4Stir carrots seveeral times for about 5 - 10 minutes (5 for glazed, 10 for lightly browned) I left the lid on between stirring.
- 5Remove from heat, stir in thyme & serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Baby Carrots With Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 418.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g