Recipe by Dancer^
Carrots are one of my favorite veggies. They go with so many dishes, and always add bright color to the plate. Here, currants harmonize with the sweet carrots. The carrots can be prepared 1 day ahead, reheat in a covered skillet with 2 tablespoons water.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back for 3 serves and we were wishing there was more as they were so delicious. I had scaled it back to 3 serves and as I didn't have baby carrots I cut some large carrots on the diagonally and followed as per recipe which we all enjoyed, though it wasn't till we had finished I realized I had forgotten the currants for which I kicked myself, thank you Dancer^ made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dried currant
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the baby carrots and cook until barely tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, brown sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook, stirring often, until the carrots are heated through and the liquid has evaporated into a glaze, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the currants.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.