Recipe by gourmetmomma
This is a basic recipe for glazed baby carrots, made "dump" fashion to go with your frozen main dish. This can be made with baby carrots, peeled and sliced whole carrots, or even frozen sliced carrots. If using the frozen ones, don't thaw for doing step one.
Top Review by CraftScout
I really wanted to like this recipe. REALLY. My kids love carrots, even cooked, and I am always looking for more OAMC/freezer friendly side dishes. But although the flavor of the glaze was good, we just couldn't get over the texture of the carrots. It is hard to explain why the texture was so off-putting, so let's just say it was very off-putting to us. I am so sorry, I won't be making this again.
- 1 lb carrot
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine in a freezer container and mix.
- Seal, removing as much air as possible. Freeze.
- Defrost. Pour into small saucpan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until your carrots are tender.
- Add cornstarch, stirring constantly. Simmer 2 minutes longer or until sauce thickens.
- If cooking for small children or other picky eaters, leave out the dill and add a bit more sugar.