Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 lb baby carrots, ready to cook
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch black pepper (to taste)
- Cook or steam carrots until they are crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in skillet; add brown sugar and mustard and stir to make a smooth sauce.
- Stir in carrots and coat well.
- Cook 1-2 minutes more, until heated through.
Nice carrots. I nuked mine for about 6 minutes and let them 'steam' for another 5 minutes or so. Nice flavor but next time I'll thicken the sauce up a little bit. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.
I like dijon with most things, so thought I'd give this a try. Unfortunately, no one here liked them.