Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 4 hot dogs, sliced
- 2 tart apples, cored, pared and quartered
- In skillet, melt butter; blend in mustard and corn syrup.
- Add weiners and apples.
- Cover; cook over low heat 10 to 15 minutes or till apples are tender, turning once. Serve over rice, if desired.
- Pass pan juices.
This is actually pretty good. It sounds really bad, but the flavors of the tart green apples and the franks compliment each other.
I was watching vintage commercials from the early 1960s, and I came across a Karo Corn Syrup commercial that featured this dish. I used sugar in place of the Karo corn syrup.
You can serve this dish on retro corning ware, for greater feelings of nostalgia.