Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice Autumn dish but great in the summer as well. Serve with Coleslaw With Grapes, Crunchy Apple Chips and Almonds
- 236.59 ml apple jelly
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml butter
- 453.59 g boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 apples, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 29.58 ml lemons, juice and zest of
- 0.25 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- Soak skewers in water for 60 mintes or make Recipe #227473.
- In small saucepan, make glaze by mixing together the jelly, lemon juice and zest, cinnamon and butter. Simmer until well blended.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, zest and salt and pepper evenly over pork and apple cubes. Thread pork onto skewers and spoon glaze over all.
- Grill over hot coals 10-12 minutes; turning frequently. Baste frequently.
I melted the glaze ingredients in the microwave for three 30 second intervals and I skipped the zest only because I had one of those plastic lemon juice squeeze containers. I cut up two gala apples and left the skins on. Delicious easy recipe! Made for Fall 2009 Photo tag.
This was just delicious! I was a bit confused about the lemon juice and zest (2 tablespoons lemons?), but I just used the juice and zest of one lemon and added half to the glaze and used the other half on the pork and apple cubes. I also put the apple cubes on the skewers along with the pork, which I assume I was supposed to do. The result was excellent. The pork was tender and juicy, with just the right amount of sweetness from the glaze, and the grilled apples added a bit of a tart flavor. I will definitely make this again.