Recipe by Rita~
A nice Autumn dish but great in the summer as well. Serve with Coleslaw With Grapes, Crunchy Apple Chips and Almonds
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
I melted the glaze ingredients in the microwave for three 30 second intervals and I skipped the zest only because I had one of those plastic lemon juice squeeze containers. I cut up two gala apples and left the skins on. Delicious easy recipe! Made for Fall 2009 Photo tag.
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 apples, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak skewers in water for 60 mintes or make Recipe #227473.
- In small saucepan, make glaze by mixing together the jelly, lemon juice and zest, cinnamon and butter. Simmer until well blended.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, zest and salt and pepper evenly over pork and apple cubes. Thread pork onto skewers and spoon glaze over all.
- Grill over hot coals 10-12 minutes; turning frequently. Baste frequently.