Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is Grandma's pie recipe. I have never tasted anything as good as this! Golden delicious apples are good to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, and sugar mixture.
- Stir until all slices are coated with sugar.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Sprinkle with 2 T.
- orange juice and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Mix glaze and spoon over pie while still hot.
Super pie.A little sweet for us,I will cut back on the sugar next time.I used spy apples.