Recipe by Motley Oklahoman
Sweet crust, tart apples, crunchy granola, all topped with sweet tart icing.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 6 medium baking apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal (I used Cinnamon Just Bunches)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour and 1/4 cup of sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg yolk and water; stir into flour mixture and mix lightly. Form dough into a ball; press onto bottom and sides of an ungreased 15-in. × 10-in. × 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the apples over crust. Combine granola and remaining sugar; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool on wire rack. Combine confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over pie.