1 hr 10 mins
This is not your average apple pie! The custard makes it less traditional, but it's still fantastic. The glaze is yummy too and makes the pie beautiful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) package pastry for double-crust pie
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup cream, and 1/4 cup butter.
- 2Heat until butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, 2 tablespoons milk, and vanilla; stir into saucepan.
- 4Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 5Remove from heat, and set aside to cool slightly.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 7In a medium bowl, combine the apples, flour, and cinnamon.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Line a 9 inch pie pan with pie dough.
- 10Pour thickened filling mixture into pastry-lined pie pan.
- 11Arrange apple mixture evenly over filling.
- 12Top with second crust, seal and flute the edges.
- 13Cut slits in top crust.
- 14Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender.
- 15Cool for at least 30 minutes.
- 16In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 tablespoon softened butter.
- 17Blend until smooth; pour evenly over warm pie.
- 18Refrigerate for AT LEAST 1 1/2 hours before serving (longer is better).
- 19**Cook time does not include cooling or refrigeration time.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Apple Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 91.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g