Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
have not tried these yet..but want to
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, beat brown sugar and crisco with mixer on medium speed until well combined.beat in egg.mix well.
- in another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and cloves.mix well.with mixer on low speed, add apple juice.
- by hand, stir in apple bits, nuts and raisins.
- drop dough by rounded tblsful on greased cookie sheet.
- bake at 400* for 7-8 minutes.
- in a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, butter and vanilla.
- stir mixture until smooth --
- spread on warm cookies -- .